Tuesday, May 14, 2019

How is a Backflow Test Performed?

One thing to understand at the start is that a certified inspector is required to test backflow devices.  Some plumbing-related jobs may be DIY…this one definitely is NOT!  I am here to just show you what steps I will be taking in testing for backflow.  And, by the way, I have been doing this for three decades.


Here are some of the steps –

1.  I will turn off the number 2 shut off valve.
2.  I then place a test kit on the device.
3.  The test kit will use water left in the backflow.
4.  Once the test is complete, I will turn the water back on slowly.

In addition, I will ensure that no damage is done to your property, be it residential or commercial.  My name is Scott Swanson the owner of Bee Plumbing Inc.  I serve the far western suburbs of Chicagoland with any of its plumbing needs.  Just go to bee-plumbinginc.com then call the number that properly corresponds to your specific location.

No comments:

Post a Comment